If you need an exemption to the three hour on-street parking limit, or the 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. overnight parking restriction between November 1 and April 15, you may register for the short term on-street parking program. Learn more about our parking options and parking ticket information within the Town of Whitby.
Please ensure you review the terms and conditions prior to registering your vehicle for on-street parking. Vehicles must be currently plated and in good working condition to be eligible to register. You will not receive a physical permit for the vehicle.
In your registration, you will need to provide:
• Your name, daytime phone number, and home address
• License plate, make, and colour of each vehicle parking on street
• Reasons why vehicles will be parked on street
• Description of the type of trailer if applicable (including camper trailer, pop-up trailer, open landscaping trailer, closed landscaping trailer) along with the width and length of the trailer
• Beginning and end dates the vehicles are expected to be parked on street
If you have any questions, send us an email with the plate number of the vehicle(s). Please provide two weeks' notice for large events and contact Transportation Services as well as for on-street registration for condominiums or apartment complexes.
Review our registration guidelines to understand our on-street parking process:
• If your vehicle falls within one of the ineligible vehicle categories or does not comply with the restriction within the Traffic By-law, your vehicle will be subject to a ticket.
• Each household is permitted to make a maximum of 12 requests for on-street parking registration each calendar year.
• Each request may be for a maximum of 7 days in duration.
• Each request is for a maximum of 5 vehicles.
• No physical permit will be issued.
• We reserve the right to cancel, revoke or refuse any request for registration.
• Registration is voided during a snow event to allow for the efficient and safe removal of ice and snow.
Not all vehicles are allowed to register for short term on-street parking. Enforcement will issue a parking ticket if one of the following vehicles is found parking on the street:
• Commercial-use vehicles measuring more than 2.6 meters in width or 7 meters in length or weighing more than 5,000 kg
• Recreational vehicles, camper trailers, pop-up trailers and open landscaping trailers measuring more than 2 meters in height or 7 meters in length
• Closed trailers measuring more than 2.6 meters in height or 4 meters in length
If you received a parking ticket after completing the registration, send us an email or call us at 905.430.4322. We will review your situation to determine if it is appropriate to cancel your parking ticket. If you received a parking ticket for any infraction other than what our on-street registration covers, your ticket will not be reviewed and you must pay your parking ticket.